I was browsing recipes on my phone the other day when I came across a delicious looking millet and black bean salad recipe. I bookmarked the recipe and saved it for a later date. I saw the bookmark throughout the week, and one day, it popped into my head to turn the salad into a stuffed pepper recipe! They turned out amazing, so I just had to share them with you!
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 can black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 T sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/4 t salt
- black pepper to taste
- 8 T balsamic vinegar
- 8 red bell peppers (try to select peppers with a flat-ish bottom side)
- 8 sprigs cilantro or parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the balsamic vinegar, bell peppers, and cilantro. Mix with a large spoon until thoroughly combined.
2. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, and clean out the insides.
3. Place the peppers in a baking dish, standing up on end. Fill each pepper with some of the millet and black bean mix. Pour a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the filling of each pepper.
4. Place the peppers in the oven, and allow to bake for an hour.
5 Pull out of the oven, garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
Simply serve with a nice green salad to make a complete meal.