Happy St. Patty’s Day!!
I’m about to head to work here in a few minutes, but first I wanted to show you a delicious new salad that I’m taking for work lunch today! It’s a bit different than most of my salads, because it’s actually a grain salad, using one of my favorite psuedo-grains, quinoa!
This is inspired by a salad I picked up in the cafeteria at work a while back, I hope you like it!
Quinoa Veggie Salad
(makes about three servings)
- six handfuls spinach
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- one carrot, peeled and shredded
- one radish, shredded
- one celery stick, chopped finely
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3T hemp seeds
- six avocado slices
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare quinoa as usual. I used a rice cooker.
2. When the quinoa has finished cooking, add the carrot, radish, celery, cucumber, garlic, and lemon, and mix together.
3. Lay two handfuls of spinach as a bed for the quinoa mixture. Scoop about 1.5 cups of the quinoa over the spinach. Top with hemp seeds, avocado, sea salt, and pepper.
So fresh and so green, green! (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.)
This salad has you covered with tons of veggies, good carbohydrates, complete protein, and healthy fats.
Have a wonderful day getting your Irish on!